I made these cookies last weekend for the Pizza Party with Gourmet Friends. I wasn't sure how they would turn out, but they looked awesome and tasted even better.
Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies (AKA Pizza Cookies)
1 Cup Soft Butter or Margarine
1½ Cup Sugar
3 Tsp Vanilla
3½ Cup Flour
2½ Tsp Baking Powder
½ Tsp Salt
“Toppings” (I used assorted sprinkles, cranberries and almonds and chocolate covered peanuts)
1) Beat butter or margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2) Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) and mix thoroughly.
3) Separate dough into two amounts and add food dye. Wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap and chill (at least one hour).
4) Preheat oven 400 degrees
5) Pinch off small amounts of the two colors of dough and press together to make little “pizzas.”
6) Bake for 6-8 minutes or until done.
7) Let cool – Ice and add toppings.